Removals Zone Limited (we, us, Removals Zone Limited) understands the importance of privacy for its users. As professionals, we are dedicated to respecting and protecting the privacy of all users of our website (www.removalszone.co.uk, our website) and the services we provide (“our Services”).
In compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the information controller is Removals Zone Limited, a company registered in England, company registration number 08303195, registered office Unit 9 Cliffside Industrial Estate, Askew Farm Lane, Grays, Essex, RM17 5XR.
1. Data we may collect from you
The following information about you may be collected and processed by us:
Data provided by you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, age, details of your household or business, any information about you or your property revealed in any photographs which you provide to us (or which you permit us to take), and any other information that you choose to volunteer, when you:
- Submit a service enquiry through our website
- Make a booking through our website
- Complete contact or enquiry forms on, or otherwise provide data via our website
- Send feedback to us via our website
- Respond to our marketing communications
- Communicate with us by telephone, post or email or via the online chat feature on our website (in which case we will keep record of that correspondence); or
- Report a problem with any of our Services.
2. Information that is automatically collected from us each time you visit our website:
Technical information, such as:
- the type of mobile device you use;
- information about the mobile network you are using;
- mobile operating system;
- type of mobile browser, and
- your time zone settings;
Information about the computer you are using such as:
- your IP address (where available);
- operating system and browser type;
This information is collected for system administration purposes, reporting aggregated data to our advertisers, statistical data about browsing actions and patterns analyses. Collecting this type of information does not identify any individual; and
Details of your visits to our website, included, but not limited to, are traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether required for our own billing purposes or otherwise as well as the resources that you access.
It is possible that we also use GPS technology or other location technology to determine your current location. This could be the case, for instance, if you are a customer and would like to use the instant chat function on our website.
3. Use of your information
We use the information, you provide us with, to:
- administer your booking(s) and/or booking enquiries and to arrange how services are carried out;
- carry out all duties and obligations arising from any contracts and/ or agreements entered into between you and Removals Zone Limited;
- provide you with any requested information, products and/or services;
- discuss with you any complaints, feedback or enquiries you might have about us or our Services;
- inform you of any changes to our Services;
- ensure that all content on our site is provided effectively for you and/or the device you are using;
- brief the service provider, allocated to provide your service(s), for the purpose of professional service provision.
Such information may include:
- customer’s name, address and contact details;
- details the customer’s property and the services they have requested, along with all relevant photographs the customer has provided;
- customer’s non-binding quote; and
4. Information collected automatically about you is used to:
- manage our website’s internal operations such as troubleshooting, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, data analysis;
- make improvements to our website, ensuring that content is presented in an effective way for the customer and their device(s);
- improve the quality and efficiency of our services;
- effectively protect our website and keep it safe and secure;
- quantify and/ or evaluate effectiveness of our marketing and advertising efforts to our customers, for the purpose of providing each customer with relevant advertising; and
- recommend you any services or products that may interest you.
For all purposes described above, we use a combination of information about you. This combination consists in information received from other resources, the details you have provided us with, as well as the information which we collect automatically about you.
5. Where we store your personal data
Every piece of information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the United Kingdom and Bulgaria – property of Removals Zone Limited. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
Removals Zone Limited cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website due to the transmission taking place over the internet – any transmission is at your own risk. Strict procedures will be applied once your information is received to properly protect your privacy.
6. Disclosure of your information
Disclosure of any customer personal information may be provided to any member of our company, including but not limited to: partners and subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties in the following events:
- Sale or purchase of business or assets, where your personal data may be disclosed to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Substantial acquisition by a third party of all assets property of Removals Zone – in this case personal data held by us about our customers will be considered as an asset and transferred as assets;
- Removals Zone Limited being under obligation to disclose or share your personal data for the purpose of:
a) Compliance with any legal duties;
c) Imposing Services Terms and Conditions
and other agreements;
d) Protecting the rights, property or safety of Removals Zone Limited, company customers, or others. Included, but not limited to - exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud prevention, as well as credit risk reduction;
e) Dealing with cases of failure to make payments that you owe with relation to all services provided to you by the service provider. We may disclose your personal data to credit reference agencies and to fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention. Your personal data may also be disclosed to debt collection agencies, which may use the information to trace your whereabouts and collect the debts. The information we have provided to such agencies may in turn be provided by those agencies to other organisations further, which may use your personal data to perform similar checks. Information recorded by fraud prevention agencies may be accessed by organisations in other jurisdictions.
7. Your rights
We may process your personal data for marketing purposes - you have the right to ask us not to do so. In the event that we intend to use your personal information for such purposes, we will inform you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Act allows you to exercise your right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.
8. Third-party websites links
Any page of our website may contain links to and from third-party websites of our partner networks, affiliates, and other sources. When following a link to one of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies. Removals Zone Limited shall not be liable or held responsible for any of these policies. Please make sure to check the policies before submitting your personal data to these websites.