Last updated on 24 May 2018
Removals Zone Limited (we, us, Removals Zone Limited) understands the importance of privacy for its users. As professionals, we are dedicated to respecting and protecting the privacy of all users of our website (www.removalszone.co.uk, our website) and the services we provide (“our Services”).
Some expressions used in this Policy, which have capital initial letters to distinguish them, are defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This Policy is designed to meet the requirements of the GDPR.
Removals Zone Limited, a company registered in England, company registration number 08303195, is the Data Controller. Its registered office is at Unit 9 Cliffside Industrial Estate, Askew Farm Lane, Grays, Essex, RM17 5XR.
Information from third parties:We may use information passed onto us from third parties. We sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use. No such information is personally identifiable to you.
- the type of mobile device you use;
- information about the mobile network you are using;
- mobile operating system;
- type of mobile browser, and
- your time zone settings;
This information is collected for system administration purposes, reporting aggregated data to our advertisers, statistical data about browsing actions and patterns analyses. Collecting this type of information does not identify any individual; and
Details of your visits to our website, included, but not limited to, are traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether required for our own billing purposes or otherwise as well as the resources that you access.
It is possible that we also use GPS technology or other location technology to determine your current location. This could be the case, for instance, if you are a customer and would like to use the instant chat function on our website.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Every piece of information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in Germany – property of Hetzner Online GmbH. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security. We will not transfer data outside the European Economic Area.
Removals Zone Limited cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website due to the transmission taking place over the internet – any transmission is at your own risk. Strict procedures will be applied once your information is received to properly protect your privacy.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see [Request erasure] below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Disclosure of any customer personal information may be provided to any member of our company, including but not limited to: partners and subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties in the following events:
- Sale or purchase of business or assets, where your personal data may be disclosed to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Substantial acquisition by a third party of all assets property of Removals Zone – in this case personal data held by us about our customers will be considered as an asset and transferred as assets;
- Removals Zone Limited being under obligation to disclose or share your personal data for the purpose of:
a) Compliance with any legal duties;
c) Imposing Services Terms and Conditions and other agreements;
d) Protecting the rights, property or safety of Removals Zone Limited, company customers, or others. Included, but not limited to - exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud prevention, as well as credit risk reduction;
e) Dealing with cases of failure to make payments that you owe with relation to all services provided to you by the service provider. We may disclose your personal data to credit reference agencies and to fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention. Your personal data may also be disclosed to debt collection agencies, which may use the information to trace your whereabouts and collect the debts. The information we have provided to such agencies may in turn be provided by those agencies to other organisations further, which may use your personal data to perform similar checks. Information recorded by fraud prevention agencies may be accessed by organisations in other jurisdictions.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Any page of our website may contain links to and from third-party websites of our partner networks, affiliates, and other sources. When following a link to one of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies. Removals Zone Limited shall not be liable or held responsible for any of these policies. Please make sure to check the policies before submitting your personal data to these websites.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager by post at Removals Zone Limited, Unit 9, Cliffside Industrial Estate, Askew Farm Lane, Grays, Essex RM17 5XR, United Kingdom, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 020-8004-0004.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.