Yes, you can still move house during England's lockdown.
Removals Zone is dedicated to providing full services during these times of uncertainty and is doing everything needed to abide by the guidelines issued by the government.
The spread of a contagious mutant strain of Covid-19 has led to a new lockdown, expected to last at least 6 weeks. Since the beginning of the pandemic last year, we have never stopped operations and have always been the first to take the needed steps to ensure client safety.
What are the regulations of moving house during lockdown?
We have already compiled a list of every step taken so far and you can read it here
The only new government restriction is that people outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house "unless absolutely necessary."
While you are still allowed to hire a removals company, make sure to do it as early as possible since availability is limited due to high demand.
How to stay safe during a move?
- Before moving day, you need to do as much of the packing yourself as you can.
- The government is also asking people to clean their belongings before they are handled by removers or another household.
- When you are booking your removal with Removals Zone you can ask for free masks and gloves, free moval blankets, and free disinfection prior to unloading.
- On the day of your move it is advised to open all your internal doors, minimise contact with the removalists and allow access to handwashing facilities.
- Make sure to let your personal move manager know that you require flexibility around moving and completion dates in case someone in your household is in self-isolation.
Give us a call on 020 8004 0004
or request a free quote
to get the safest removals service in London!